We're helping you celebrate Independence Day with a special Backyard Blastoff show!
Listen on air July 4th at 9:00pm for a special 30 minute patriotic show for your Independence Day festivities. 🎆
Sponsored by Velocity Zone Fireworks.
Here are some safety tips for lighting fireworks at home from the National Safety Council!
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks
- Older children should use them only under close adult supervision
- Never use fireworks while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eye wear
- Never hold lighted fireworks in your hands
- Never light them indoors
- Only use them away from people, houses and flammable material
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person
- Only light one device at a time and maintain a safe distance after lighting
- Never ignite devices in a container
- Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks
- Soak both spent and unused fireworks in water for a few hours before discarding
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don't go off or in case of fire
- Never use illegal fireworks